Here is a quick guide and checklist to get you started, skip this if you already have a URL:
- Come up with a name for your business, preferably something catchy, clever, and memorable
- Ideally, you’ll want your business name and your website URL to be the same
- Check online to ensure the URL is available; there are several websites that can help you search, e.g., Domain.com
- Check with your state or local government offices to make sure the business name is available
- Register your business with the appropriate government office (online attorney service, like Rocket Lawyer, can help) and register the URL (you can register the URL through Domain.com or the hosting service you choose–see next item. I recommend registering your URL separately as it will make it easier if you ever need to switch hosting services in the future.)
- Obtain a reputable hosting service, I highly recommend Bluehost and Fat Cow, make sure to include security and back up software.
- Once you have signed up with a hosting service, have them install the WordPress platform to your website
- Now we’re ready to make some magic!
- Blubrry Podcast Hosting is optimized podcast media hosting that can work from within your WordPress site, includes professional podcast statistics.